Thursday, October 14, 2010

Too fast, too fast!‏

Hola Mi Familia y Amigas!

Alright. Get ready for lots of typing errors and misunderstandings!
Dad, I didn't mean to leave you out last week, i just sent it to mom only for time purpuses. It was a mass email, not personal. Sorry.

I cannot believe that it has been two weeks since i got here. absolutely crazy! We leave for guat on tue!!! Cfrazy crazy crazy. But amazing.

Time goes sso blasted fast here! Thank you so much to everyone who has written me. Dearelders are aamizing! Dad, thanks so much for the bread. You are too blasted funny and cute. it was a nice surprise. i hadn't been expecting anytihng
so the next time i talk to you (mom and dad) will be on tuesday! HOw awesome is that? I feel so scatterbrained all the time when i think about getting everything settled before i leave. thanks for sending packages mom and dad. i had hoped to get to you, dad before you sent off the package, but that's okay. i think i decided that i want more of the shirts (the ones i decided to leave at aunt christine's) and some cardigans. But that's fine. It stinks now knowiung that sending stuff to guat is not cheap. That's fine. Hold off on stuff.. it may all change once i get there.

i really have heard close to nothing about the guat mtc. The only thing i have heard istht thety have at leat two amazing teachers that my teacher, Hno Frandsen served wtih. It will be fun and an adventure.

so far i can bear my testimony, say very simple prayers and conjugate a little here and there. everything i can do is super basic and simplistic, but it is coming. I still feel alwasy slightly behind everyone else in my calss, but i can't compare! I am doing well compared to when i first gt her,a nd that's good!

i'll try to print and send some pictures before i leave here. There aren't that many, just the stereotypical ones in front of the big map ;)

This week has been full of lots more learning and growing. I love it here. So amazing. It doesn't feel as much of a big fire hydrant drink anymore, but there is still craziness going on. We have taught the first lesson from preach my gospel twice. and both times seem to have gone pretty well. It's all about the Spirit and He is amazing. Truly, my favorite part of learning how to teach is how to get to know someone and truly love them. I love finding how the Gospel applies to each and every person and can truly bring peace and happiness. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ truly love us. I can't even begin to describe how strongly I feel about that fact.

To think that starting in a week I will actually be getting out and teaching REAL people! At the guat mtc, missionaries that are already in the field take a missionary in the mtc out to the city (I think) once a week! A little nerve wracking, but so exciting. It's funny, bc the mock lessons here seem so REAL. The people who play "investigators" take it so seriously. There have been so many times where I have thought, "Is this person really talking about themselves?" But the person ALWAYS says yes to more visits and lessons from us, which I know will not happen nearly that often in the field. I know why they want us to have that optimism, but it's almost funny, bc sometimes it seems like they are setting us up for uber dissapointment. A lot of people will say no to talking to us and not accept the Gospel, but there will be those awesome people who will feel that Spirit and want that in their life all the time. I am so excited to help people when they let us! I soooooo wish that people knew how pure and loving the message of the restored gospel is. It is truly amazing. God loves us so much and wants us so much to be happy always!

This past tuesday, Richard C. Edgley from the presiding bishopric spoke to us. It was incredible. One of my fave quotes from him said, "You're all weird. The New Testament calls you a peculiar people. You have left your family, friends, college, sports, careers, girlfriends, and so much more to serve. It is because of the feeling in our heart, because a 14 year old boy went to a grove to ask a simple question." That hit me hard. My testimony of Joseph SMith has grown so much. THe sunday before that we watchdd the Joseph Smith movie. Everyone in the whole world needs to see it. I need to see it at least once a week. It is a good reminder and motivator. I never want to slack in this work. I memorized a part of the first vision in spanish... maybe i'll tell it to you on the phone on tuesday :)

Don't forget about pouch mail once I'm in guatemala! It's annoying that I don't know what else to say.

I'll tell you our usual daily routine, bc I remember not having a CLUE what people in the mTC do all day:

630 wake up, get ready
7-745 personal study in our classroom
classroom: our district, 4 hermanas (Me, Searle, Jackson, and Winder) and 6 elders (Weight, Galvin, Rose, Amis, Ward, and Durrant)
745-815 bfast in cafeteria
815-11 in classroom, usually mdt (Missionary directed time: either personal, companion, or lang study) or we have class with Hno Frandsen or Young
11-12 gym
1230-115 lunch in cafeteria
115-530 mdt or class
530-615 dinner in caf
615-900 mdt or class
9-930 plan for next day
930-1015 personal time
1015-1030 quiet time
1030 - lights out!

It varies, but that's usually it. Devos on tue. Firesides and churhc on sun. Of course, pdays are way different.Occassional mock lessons in another building. Pretty awsome. Not as bad as it sounds. A lot of times i think, That is a LOT of mdt, how am i ever goint to fill it!?! But it always goes too fast and there's so much more i need/want to learn and study!!

Everyone, keep me updated, PLEASE!
I love you all so much!!
Fam, I can't wait to talk to you on tue!
I'm so sorry for this scatterbrained, psycho email!
Anny, I need your school address!
Love,
Hermana Nenna Bobenna Twinkle Toes Vee Marie Marin!

No comments:

Post a Comment