Sunday, December 4, 2011

14 Months Tomorrow‏ (November 28th, 2011)

I don´t understand how time is flying so fast! This change with Hermana Ayala has seriously felt like a dream. I´m scared that time will just keep going faster and faster.

Well, the next time I will write will be Friday, the 9th. President Brough is planning a Super Bday... two days long! He has assured us that it will be incredible and I know it will be... especially because the second day we are going to the temple in Guate! There are nine zones in the mission, so we will be doing it in pairs. Our zone, Chimaltenango, will going with one other zone.

Dad... I forgot to tell you last week that I received your package! Thank you thank you thank you. We are especially in love with our arbolito. Members and investigators always visit us while we are in the house... they come to the window and talk to us. Right now, we have the tree on the tree in front of the window, so they are always commenting on how much they love our decorations. We hope to put even more up!

Also, Grandma... I got your card, thank you so much! That was a nice, sweet surprise.

I just need to mention how much I love the honesty of all the Guatemaltecos... I can ask any person I know here, "Estoy engordando, ¿verdad?" and they tell me honestly and without vergüenza or hesitation, "Sí" jaja. What will I do when I get back to the states and no one tells me the truth, but they all think it!

The members here are incredible. So many of them have been sharing the Gospel so much. One hermana, Maria Elena, is constantly introducing us to her friends and sharing her testimony with them. Another, Rafa (Rafael), has brought his friend to Church twice and is really helping him learn and understand. He says that he wants be baptized. I´m telling you... the members are the key! We cannot see nearly as many people brought to the truth of the Gospel without the members.

The lucha is still going with Jenifer and Anibal. He didn´t drink for a few days, but then fell otra vez. She is so frustrated. She wants to be baptized, but she isn´t 100% convinced about marrying her husband. She is willing to do it, but the situation is hard and wants the best life for her and her children.

We are working with a widower, Juan. He is incredible. He´s around 65 or 70 years old or something and is so joyful!! He went to church for the first time yesterday and was so incredibly happy afterwards, when we went to visit him. He assured us that he would be going the next week.

We are hoping to have a white Christmas :)

Johana received the gift of the Holy Ghost and became a member yesterday! I love that girl. We are working with her mom, too, mostly by trying to get her to support her daughter more, but when it comes to coming to church there is always an excuse.

Have I mentioned how much I love my area... even if all the rocks kind of kill your feet and everyone claims to be hard-core Catholic... I imagine that my area is as close as you can get to a Rome, Italy, mission... ;) But, honestly, there are a good amount of Evangelicals, too.

Well, hasta el nueve de Diciembre!

Love,
Hermana Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment