Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"¿Que dice las boquitas?"‏

¡Hola!

Fam, it was so great talking to all of you!! It was nice, but don´t worry, it didn´t make me baggy one bit!

It has been a great week - learned tons, received a bit of chicotè, Renè got baptized, ate A TON, went on divisions (splits) for a few hours, had Super pday, the weather is gorgeous and warm, and so so so much more.

I´m excited that when I get back to the states I will celebrate part-Guati style. Christmas is mainly celebrated on the 24th. At midnight between the 24th and 25th is the culminating fiesta. At midnight hay fireworks, bombas, present time, and lots and lots of food (main dish - tamales, of course). We, por supuesto, were in our beds, sound asleep (with the aid of ear plugs). The 25th is mainly the day to sleep til noon and clean up a bit. The streets were FILLED with garbage - all exploded bomb/firework remnants, it was crazy, but they had people cleaning up today. No joke, the past 4 or 5 days we have been eating like there is no tomorrow. People feed us at every appointment we have! We probably ate at least 5 (BIG) meals every day. I´m not complaining, it´s been delicious and awesome, but don´t be surprised when you see someone twice my size with my face in the pics I send.

Renè got baptized!! It was amazing and I just know I will always remember that and that baptism will always have a special place in my heart! He has changed so much in so little time, but he´s still the same in a lot of ways (see title).

It was an amazing Christmas week. I really got to rely on what´s truly important for my Christmas spirit and happiness. I love this opportunity to truly learn how to focus your life and thoughts on Christ. We can truly make the whole year like Christmas time if we just have our thoughts in the right place. I am so grateful to have started my time in the mission in this epoca. It kickstarted me with the right mindset, motivation, and goals for the next 16 months.

Okay... email request. If you need me to respond to you asap, could you put it in a seperate email with an appropriate title, otherwise, I just print out the emails and read them later? Oh and everyone, EMAIL ME, porfa please ;)

I hope you are all doing so well and that you had an incredible Christmas! Our Savior lives. He was born in the most humble of circumstances and lived, suffered, taught, blessed, died, and overcame death, sin, pain, and everything for each and every one of us. We are eternally indebted to Him. I hope you all start this new year with a refreshed willingness to follow, love, and obey our Redeemer. ¡Feliz Navidad!

Con todo de mi corazon,
Hna Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment