Monday, December 6, 2010

Pictures!!!‏












Hola!
Okay, there is way too much to write!
So, Mondays are our days to email, but pdays are tuesdays, which is nice.. we have a system. I can print emails, so EVERYONE: EMAIL ME... POR FAVOR! Anyone and everyone can email me and I can print them out, so it won´t take up my 45-minute email time. However, I can only email family. We´ll see how this goes.

I am in zone Amatitlan. I am in a tiny colonia called La Mariposa. It´s just an enclosed community basically. My comp and I estimate it to be around a square mile in area.. if that. It´s tiny and AMAZING! MY comp´s (trainer´s, mom´s) name is Erin Wetzel... a gringa. She is fantastic. She has 9 months in the mish and this is her 3rd transfer in La Mariposa, so she knows the area, people, and such very, very well. I am so, so, so grateful for her. She has been incredibly patient and helpful. I can´t even express how grateful I am. Yet again, the Lord has blessed me too, too much. The people are amazing and loving and patient and so helpful. We have met a ton of people. I have to work on remembering names, but I know the Spirit has been helping me out. The area isn´t in the city, but it´s also not in the mountains or the coast (there are nine zones, and three types of zones - mountain, coast, and city), but our area counts as the city.

Okay, I am going to send multiple emails, so the pictures can load :)

Okay... rapid fire...
We ride to church in the bed of an old truck. I´m taller than 90% of the people here (including my comp). No one plays the piano in our ward - acapella (and let me just tell you that ever since the CCM, it has been obvious that not many Latin wards have piano players, so a lot of people´s singing abilities are interesting), but it´s still wonderful. My shower handle thing shocks me every morning (only a little bit, don´t worry). I can´t get away from english, awesome, worldy music. People play it everywhere. I live in a house that is about the size, if not smaller, than my whole upstairs in OH. We have a backyard area for washing random items of clothing and dishes, but it´s pretty small. We have someone to wash our clothes, but she hangs our garments outside on top of her house where everyone can see, so we just wash those ourselves. We make our own bfast. Most days we have people cooking lunch for us, but sometimes we have pizza (probs once a week).. I know. Surprising. Then, we don´t eat until we get home at 9!! Pretty crazy, but we have snacks :) We are in a very safe area, so no worries! We played soccer in the streets last Friday. It was awesome. I´m sure a lot of you are shocked that I even played soccer, but it was a blast. We are playing in the fields tomorrow morning. The people here are fantastic. We´ve taught a few lessons and I´ve met a ton of people. Mom, no need to send decorations, we´re good. Gracias. Money will be just fine. Dad, don´t forget to wear you awesome singing time at some point this season, k?

Love you all very very much! Can´t wait for ALL of your emails next week!!!
Hna Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment