Monday, January 17, 2011

Too much!!‏

Hola!

I wish that I could express how happy I am. Life is fantastic.

I´m still with Hermana Wetzel in La Mariposa!! So excited and grateful. So, we have at least another 6 weeks together. She´s fantastic. The area is wonderful, and we have lots of work to do.

We have a baptismal date with the most amazing lady ever. Ingrid has been accepting and ready from the start. She accepted the date at our first visit with her and is progressing and absorbing everything so fast. She is a rockstar and we are so excited for her!

We went to Panajachal / Lake Atitlan this past pday. It was a blast. Lake Atitlan is where they believe the Waters of Mormon to be (have I mentioned that BoM experts - and I don´t know who else - believe that the Book of Mormon was mainly set in Guatemala?!?!). It was GORGEOUS. It was so beautiful... but I must say that we spent the good majority of our time shopping... which was a blast, too.

I was finally sick!! Only a tiny, tidbit though, don´t worry. Had a little bit of BU on Friday, which turned into a crazy, hilarious night... Hna Wetzel was sick, too. But we went home for just a little bit, then went to work for the rest of the night! Then, last night I threw up a bit... but nothing major AT ALL. Hna Wetzel made me rest for 20 ish minutes, then we went to our last cita with Hna Carla - she´s amazing. All is well. We both feel fantastic.

Elder Ballard is talking to our mission this Thursday! We´re pretty excited. We are supposed to go with inspired questions that "only an apostle of the Lord could answer."

People are SO honest here. Blunt, actually. It´s hilarious at times. Hna Wetzel and I are constantly told whether or not we look fatter or skinnier. I´ve had a few people ask about my face... "Has your face always been chubby like that?" It´s too priceless.

We got spit on today on the way to district meeting - that was a first for both of us, but don´t worry.. we just say "buenes dias!" to everyone.

René is doing great, just in case anyone was wondering. He wanted me to sit by him during Sacrament meeting yesterday and he is too great. He´s the funniest old man ever and a little bit of a flirt, and perhaps one of the last people (especially in his family) that you would expect to have a big change, but he is incredible and is always talking about wanting to learn more, and do better. Yesterday, in Sunday school, he said, "I got baptized about two weeks ago... and I don´t know, I just feel good. I know I haven´t done very good in my life, but right now, I feel good. I hope the Hermanas keep coming to visit me, because I need to keep learning and doing better." We will always have special places in our hearts for René.

I have tan lines on my feet!

I hope everyone is doing wonderful, saying there prayers, and enjoying life!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment