Monday, January 10, 2011

"¡Veni!"‏

Hola mi familia y amigos!

I always dread writing anything in Spanish, because I can barely speak
it... let alone write it (correctly)!

This week was fantastic! My heart is bursting with joy and hope. Not
for any specific reason, we are just happy.

Tonight, we find out if we have cambios or not. We really don´t think
so... each week we email Presidente Baldwin and he usually doesn´t
respond, but today we both received a one-liner email saying: "Thank
you for your report and I hope that you and your companion will be
having much success." We don´t think we´ll have changes, but I can´t
get my hopes up!!!

I adore Hna Wetzel. She has taught me so so so much, mainly through
her example. She is the star of rock star missionaries. I have been
too blessed to have her as my trainer. We get along ridiculously well,
and laugh too much. It´s great. We keep each other energized and
excited for constantly helping people!

This week we found some amazing people. Yesterday we had the best
miracle in timing. We had JUST left our house and were barely to the
end of our street when we saw a mom, dad, and two niños carrying lots
of stuff. We offered to help, carried their stuff to their house, and
they let us come in for a short message. They were both so engaged the
whole time and we will be going back to visit them.. LOTS more, we
hope. We also set a fecha with the suegra of one of our investigators.

Life is so good. We see so many miracles every day. I just pray every
day that we can be worthy and invite the Spirit to be with us
constantly, so people will feel something different... so that people
can feel hope, that change is possible, and find great light and faith
in Christ. I realize that this time and calling is going to go by too
fast. As missionaries, we´ve been set apart to do the greatest work
ever. I want to be drained by the end of the mission. I want to give
my all and more. I want to help every single person possible! Now...
if only I could speak Spanish or something... No, that´s not the mas
importante... the Spirit is the only way people will feel of God´s
love and find truth.

Life is fantastic. I hope everyone is doing amazing, deepening their
fe everyday, and saying their prayers!

Con muchisimo amor!
Hermana Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment