Tuesday, April 5, 2011

No hay palabras... but in a good way :)‏

Hola famillia y amigos...

This was such a fantastic week and it ended on the most incredible, joyful note...

Update: Gilda is doing FANTASTIC. She had the baby Monday afternoon and they are both doing so well.... Get this... She wants to name the nena after me and Hermana Wetzel. Latinos have two names and two last names (the huge majority at least), so we both (with confidence, because we don´t let anyone know) told her both of our first and middle names... She´s going to pick one name from each of us. Poor baby girl. She has Erin Jane and Jenna Marie and none of them are too great in Spanish, except that Marie would be Marìa, which isn´t weird... just way too common. I´ll let you know how it turns out ;)

General Conference was INCREDIBLE... like always. It´s just always so sad when it is over, but we all have a lot of studying, applying, changing, and improving to do. A few faves: Kent F. Richards (Sat morn - Pain), Elder Dallin H. Oaks (Sat aft - Desires), Pres Dieter F. Uchtdorf (Sun Morn - Don´t wait/hesitate - especially for investigators), Elder David A. Bednar (Sun Morn - Revelation - especially for investigators), Elder Richard G. Scott (Sun Aft - marriage), Elder D. Todd Christofferson (Sun Aft - Correction and repentance - especially for me), and Lynn G. Robbins (Sun Aft - hacer vs. ser). Really, they were all incredible... but those caught my attention the most. It was amazing hearing our investigators´reactions to General Conference. We just heard so much about them not doubting one word that was said by these men and women. One of our investigators said (about the Priesthood session) "Some of the talks just really hit me, like straight to my heart" Ahhh.... can you talk about amazing...The Spirit of Conference, the apostles and prophets, and everyone watching is just too incredible. My testimony becomes so much more solid whenever I watch and hear conference. It´s just the aftermath of remembering and applying these things that really counts!

I don´t think we even really know how blessed we are as Americans and people who speak English. It hit me that these people here don´t even know the voices of the prophets and apostles. We have the amazing priviledge to hear the prophets in our own language. We get to hear their voice, tone of voice, emotion, everything... I know that they probably have amazing translators, but it´s not the same.

Amazing night: We had the most fantastic cita with the familia Obregon. They are so fantastic. He said that they have decided that they have decided to get baptized. He said that his deadline (not necessarily the actual fecha del bautismo) is his birthday. We asked when his birthday is and he said the 23rd of AUGUST!! Aahhh... it was hilarious and a tad disappointing at the same time, but we were BEYOND joyful. The whole time we were there I was just filled (I can´t even describe it) with the most incredible happiness. We asked them to pray and think about the date of Alejandra´s (their daughter`s) birthday. They are ready, incredible, and doing and making amazing choices.

We still don´t know about changes, but we will find out tonight. Hermana Wetzel has been saying goodbye to some people and you can tell it´s tough for her. She is in love with this area and these people, so it will be tough... if she really does go. We´re ready for anything and are excited for whatever is up ahead.

Heavenly Father has really given me a lot of opportunities to be humbled, learn, change, and grow. It´s been a little tougher this past month. At times, I feel like I am being humbled to the dust, and it´s not easy, but I´m so happy and am learning so, so much. I am learning WAY too much about myself (which is scary at times). I see so many things that I need to change and improve. I have never felt so unworthy in my life, during the time in my life when I need to be my best (I think it comes a bit with the territory), but I have faith and hope in our Savior and His Atonement. I know that everyone can change for the better and best with His help and I am beyond thankful for that. Like Elder Robbins said... to be and to do are completely inseperable.

I love you all and hope everything is incredible!
Hermana Marin

P.S. We were in America for an hour on Saturday. Our zone went to a burger place for lunch in between sessions that was way too American. Scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment