Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sick sick sick‏

Heavenly Father really doesn´t want you all to worry, because I JUST got all better from my sickness. It´s good when crazy things happen and pass within the email days, because then no one will be worried or anything in the meantime :) Just always assume that I´m happy and safe and healthy!

But this week was a rough one! From Monday until Sunday morning, I was SICK. With lots of good stuff. Mainly, sore throat and BU. The sore throat really didn´t affect my throat too much (so who knows if it was really sore throat), but my whole body was not feeling great. It was so sore constantly, and was playing ping-pong between fevers and chills, complete with headaches and other tiny details. A few nights, I wore two pairs of pajama pants, fleece socks, and a sweatshirt (in LA GOMERA!). I´m pretty sure that I took more drugs during this one week than I have in my whole mission put together, and I don´t think my body was used to it at all, so that was weird. I didn´t receive a Priesthood blessing until Friday night (not the smartest move, I know, but the Priesthood holders here aren´t very accessible, especially when it´s raining haha). Saturday night, we went home two hours early just so I could sleep and Hna Angel says that I was crazy (half asleep), she made me take more drugs and covered me up with her blanket. The next morning I felt so, so much better. I can´t even describe how crazy and funny and painful this week was. The BU still continues, but I feel great! Hna Angel is so sweet and patient. She took real good care of me.

Anyhow, for all of that, we really missed out on a lot of opportunities, but still had some great ones. We went on divisions with the hermanas from La Mariposa. Hna Winder (one of my comps from the CCM) came here with me! It was awesome. It was so good to see how much we both have improved in our Spanish, teaching, etc, and how we have changed personally. She´s an incredible missionary. It felt so natural and good to teach with her. She is so incredibly obedient and truly loves the people. Plus, she is pretty much fearless.

We, as missionaries, always hear LOTS of excuses. Hna Angel says she hardly believes any of them anymore. Yesterday, we were with a less active member and they were telling us why they haven´t been coming to church. I just started to think about standing in front of our Savior and giving excuses. It changed my perspective on lots of things. Excuses won´t fly. Not with Him.

Anny goes to the MTC on Wednesday!!! Holy cow. Tell her I love her to pieces and that she is going to be INCREDIBLE!

Thank you for all of your emails, love, prayers, support, and everything!!

All my love,
Hermana Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment