Saturday, August 6, 2011

We were almost all healthy‏ (Week of 7/26)

¡Hola hola!

Well, last week, we were both pretty much all cured, but a few days ago, Hna Angel started getting a nice bit of tos (cough) action. She isn´t too bad, but she doesn´t have too much energy and has an awesome horse cough at times. We´ll see how this goes again ;)

La Gomera and Sipacate are great! I´ve been realizing a lot of things that I need to change and improve in the way I teach and be a missionary overall... I know I know... I almost have ten months in the mish and am still trying to get everything figured out... but I know I will not even feel like the missionary I want to be by the end of 18 months... poco a poco and there is always room for improvement. I am learning though. Before, when I had the realizations of the ways I needed to change, I felt bad about myself and what I was doing, but now I see it more as a good thing. We must realize and face our weaknesses and challenges in order to improve. It´s the only way.

I´ve also been thinking a lot about our desires lately. Everything starts with our desires... our thoughts, actions, faith, etc. I´m trying to figure out how we can help people with their desires. If someone doesn´t have desires to change, they won´t. We can´t force anyone to change their desires...that´s the tough part I have been faced with lately.

Hope all is well and all are happy!

Love,
Hermana Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment