Friday, November 11, 2011

Changes‏



Well... you might not believe it... because I did not believe it, but Hermana Guaranda and I had changes this past week. I´m still in Antigua, but she went to La Gomera!!! This is her last change, so she will be dying there.

I´m here with Hermana Ayala from San Salvador, El Salvador. She has 16 months in the mish and ends in January (this change and one more after). She is the absolute only member in her entire family. She´s 22. She was studying accounting also, but wants to change to be a chef or nurse. And.... she´s incredible. Life with her has truly been fantastic from the start. I feel so comfortable with her. She is very humble, happy, and gorgeous. This is going to be a fantastic change.

I don´t think that I have mentioned anything about the family Lopez... here goes (as always, I´m not going to do any justice). The Friday before changes, Hermana Guaranda and I went to the house of an inactive member of the church. His name is Aníbal. His wife is Jenifer and they have three children - 1, 2, and 6 years old. He has been a member all his life, but has not really attended since he was about 12 or 13. He is 47 years old and Jenifer is 28. He´s a big artsy guy... hippy-ish. Well, they both are. They are fantastic! They´re from the capital (which makes sense, because these kind of people are not found in our area :)). I cannot even begin to describe how much I love this family. From the first visit they have done everything that we have asked. The went to church that sunday, and this past sunday. She´s accepted the challenge to baptism (this Sunday), they are getting married Friday or Saturday (we just have to make sure that he was legally divorced from his old wife), he´s trying to give up alcohol, they´re reading the Book of Mormon, we´re having the Noche de Hermanamiento in their house tomorrow, and so much more. We visit them at least every other day (if not every day) and they always thank us for everything and say that everything has changed since we first visited them. They´re incredible. They are incredibly intelligent, but they don´t let it get in the way of their faith. Please please please pray for them, especially that Anibal can get everything taken care of with his old divorce so they can get married and she can get baptized this weekend!!! I am dying to send pictures of them!!

I finally saw Hermana Wetzel!!! She came to San Pedro on Sunday and went to a few visits with us (including one with the family Lopez)! It was absolutely incredible, but at the same time, very weird. I was with her when I knew absolutely nothing... Now, I know a little bit more, but she is even more amazing than she was before. It was great, because I got my okay-I´ve-got-to-kick-it-in-gear-to-try-to-be-as-incredible-as-Hermana-Wetzel boost.

Heavenly Father has really been blessing us. He loves us. We must be patient, faithful, and look for His hand in all things. Everything will come as it should and on His time if we are faithful. And even when we don´t do as good as we should or can, he will accept our repentance and the little that we actually do and bless us a hundred fold.

Thank you all for your support, love, prayers, and faithfulness to the Lord.

All my love,
Hermana Marin

P.S. I just got a letter from Anny! Woohooooo

No comments:

Post a Comment