Sunday, November 7, 2010

Quiero...

¡Hola!
Okay.. so, it turns out that last week was just a trial test forprinting emails and it didn´t go well, so we aren´t doing it anymore.Sorry. Thank you all for your emails though! I have 16 minutes left,so sorry if this is short!

Yesteday we got to go to the central park in downtown guat city. It was AWESOME. I was in a trio with Hna Searle (my ¨forever¨comp -whichI am not complaining about) and Hna Nava (she´s from Mexico and isabsolutely AMAZING). She spoke most of the time, but was so good atgiving us a chance. We took a 30 minute-ish public bus into the city.It was interesting... and very, VERY crammed. I sat next to a nativeGuat man. It was a tad bit nerve-wracking... my very first contacting experience as a missionary! I did my best. I just put all my trust inHeavenly Father and talked to him. It was tough. I asked him questionsand whenever he would answer... I probably caught myabe one word haha.He spoke so fast and quietly, plus the bus was SUPER loud. Anyhow, he gave me his contact info, so I was able to pass that on to the people who will pass it on to missionaries in the field. It was amazing. Ifelt the Spirit and I felt so much love for this man. Really, all Iknow is that he has a wife and 3 kids, the oldest is 12 and the youngest is four. He works... somewhere. haha. It will come, I know.He seemed so humble and willing to listen to the message. Contactingin the park was so interesting. I undesrtood probs 10*ish percent ofthe conversations (and only that much, bc it was all about church-gospel-religious-spiritual things, and that´s the majority ofwhat i know). We gave out two BoMs, a few pass a long cards, and abunch of pamphlets. It was fun talking to the people. They were allreally nice, much more than I´m sure it is in the U.S., but there werestill a few who would avoid our gaze completely while we talked tothem. My hopes were only raised though. I am soooo excited to get outinto the field, but am VERY grateful to have four more weeks of purelearning and growing in the CCM. The public buses are just old,painted school buses. The city smells like the stinky parts of normalcities in the U.S., but much more potent. The exhaust and urine scentswere super strong when we were on the bus. The park-plaza place wewere at was very nice and beautiful though. We were right next to thebad part of the city, too. There was a part of the park that only theelders coudl go into, and it´s not like the park was even that big. ILOVE one of my teachers. Mom, I´m going to have her add me on FB. Sheis amazing. Hna. Sosa. One of my fave peopel ever. I truly love ithere at the CCM. Everyone gets along amazingly and we are all tryingto learn together. Mom, I don´t know if you´ve been editing theemails, but please feel free to do so (and I´m mainly takling aboutcontext). The temple here is sooo small. The endowment session roomsfit about 30-ish people. It was very crammed last week. We got to goto an english session. Peopel come fraom allllll over, just to come tothe temple, it is very humbling. Yesterday was the first day that Ieven somewhat got sick. That´s good odds, huh? I´ve had diarrhea offand on since about lunch time yesterday. It´s not painful at all, justa little neusance, so please don´t worry! Thank you so muhch for allof your prayers, support, and love. I turly feel it. I am sooo, sohappy here and to be doing this amazing work. I know it will becmoeharder and harder in some ways and easier and easier in others. I amready and excited. Everyday I see and feel so much that makes mytestimony grow. I cannot deny this Work, this Gospel, my Savior, oranything to do with our God.
Con amor (with love),
Hermana Jenna Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment