Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Week of November 17, 2010

Hola mi familia y amigas!!!

Well, we officially have less than two weeks left in the MTC! 2 weeks from yesterday. We got one new north american last tuesday and 13 latinas last wednesday. They are all a blast and so amazing. This past week has been interesting in so many ways. We are officially (almost) ALL spanish. As in: our teachers have been told to only teach us in spanish, all of our meetings are in spanish, the 3 hours of church are completely spanish, and the President has asked us to only speak spanish our last 3 weeks... we are trying, but it´s tough. Last wednesday we went to an all spanish session in the temple! It was interesting. It´s really cool, because all of this constant spanish makes me realize how much I have learned, but especially how much I don´t know! Two days ago was one of the tougher days. It´s so hard to be the person that is completely clueless and needs help. Some people are really good at helping with the language and others make me feel like I am four. It can get super frustrating, but it is amazing and humbling at the same time. It´s amazing how hard listening can be sometimes. I have to concentrate so hard on each and every word people say. If I lose it for a second, it takes me a little bit to get back on track. Don´t worry... still no tears and yesterday was a very peaceful, reassuring day. I know that God answers prayers.

I grow to love it here in the CCM more and more everyday. Even with how hard things are at times, I am constantly sooooo happy. I just keep praying that I will love every area I am assigned to and the people MORE than I love it here. I know I will. Mom, I got your letter on Friday I think. Thank you thank you. So far, I think I have received one dear elder (Crystal Lemme) and three or four cards (mom and Grandma). I´m holding up don´t worry. I know that I have so much love, support, and prayers my way. I don´t need a physical confirmation.

At times, I really realize how different of a world it is down here. Some of the latinas here don{t seem to have had as many privileges or opportunities as the last group of latinas. It has been interesting. We had an all-hermanas health meeting a few days ago. None of the latinas had ever used a tampon. They didn{t know anything about them actually. Our area doctor had to give a whole anatomy and phys ed lesson. I{m not even out in the real world and I am already seeing how many more amazing advantages we have in the states. It´s sad. These people are so amazing and so loving. I am no better than they, in any way, but I have had such an easier life with so many more opportunities that I have taken for granted.

One hna (my sunday comp - Hna Mendez) lives just 30 minutes away from here! She{s going to panama and informed us that some awesome food that we might get to try in the field includes: frogs, ants, and flowers. It{s been pretty cool to have those moments of ´´oh my gosh, I just had a pretty decent conversation with a latina completely in espaƱol!´´ It has seriously been a blast with this group. We are able to communicate so much better than the first 3 weeks (don{t worry, we still have many moments of ´´I have no idea what they just said´´) and we can actually help out the newbies (since we are the ´´experienced´´ ones here).

I know that I am so bleak on details here, so really any questions you have throw them my way. It will help! Mom could you go on fb and get Brandi Farnum and Megan O´s address for me please? I love you all so much. You are all in my prayers and thoughts.

Con amor,
Hermana Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment