Monday, March 14, 2011

Beer Shirts‏

Hola hola...

First: title explanation so no one wonders what that´s all about... There are so many people here (definitely including members of the Church) who own beer shirts! Usually Corona. It´s too hilarious. The majority of the clothes people wear here are from pacas (basically little thrift stores that sell just clothes - way cheap, usually a few on every street, and ridiculously cheap), and the majority of paca clothes are just leftovers from the States. Everyone has shirts with English words and no one knows what they say. We end up translating lots of things for people.

Anyhow... I gave a talk again in Sacrament meeting yesterday (the first time was in my second week in the field) and it was awesome to hear lots of people saying how much my Spanish has improved. This week was a good one for feeling like I have made some improvement in speaking and understanding. Hna Wetzel hardly ever has to translate for me anymore (if so, it´s some specific details that I missed). I am definitely no where near good, but it´s coming.

People keep on noting on how upbeat my emails are and Georgie said that he hopes it´s not just a show. Haha. I can gaurantee that I´m so happy right now and it´s all real, but maybe I should tone it down... because I will probably have some tough times and I don´t want people to sense that from my emails and worry about me! No... you all just need to send me emails to tell me to get a clue and get excited if I ever am anything but upbeat and excited to do what I´m doing.

I feel like I run out of things to say every week, because the mission life is just feeling and becoming more and more normal. If you have questions, just let me know!

All my love,
Hermana Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment