Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Where to begin...‏



Yaayyy!! Anny!!! That will be way too tempting to go and see her. Mean.

Okay...

Again... DON´T WORRY. It´s just that they may or may not have finally kicked me out of La Mariposa and sent me to the hottest area in the mission and the toughest area of the hermanas. IT´S OKAY!!! Haha...

There are not enough time or words, but here goes.. I´m in La Gomera (Santa Lucia). We technically have two areas- La Gomera and Sipacate. We live in La Gomera (which is a huge area), but also proselyte in Sipacate, which is a little more than 30 minutes away in bus and that area is pretty big, too. We are over 2 branches. The attendance of La Gomera is around 50 and Sipicate is around 20-ish (even though yesterday they had an attendance of 8 people...). You don´t even need to know all the details. Just know that we have a lot of work to do. All of the people in La Gomera and especially in Sipacate don´t have the greatest idea or impression of missionaries, so we´re going to fix that. We have lots of goals and hopes.

I really could not have been sent to a more opposite area than La Mariposa.

I´m with Hermana Angel. She is incredible. She has about a year in the mish, is from Santa Ana, El Salvador, is 22, has the best attitude, and is cute. I´ve already learned a ton from her and know that it will just keep coming and coming. We think she´ll have changes either this change or the next (June 29 or mid-August), but we are hoping for August... or longer if possible. There´s just too much to do before she leaves! Of course, we never know changes for sure, but we are guessing that I will be here a while, again, 4 or 5 changes.

I have actually been to La Gomera once. I think it was in January or something. I came here for one day on divisions with other sisters, but that one day did no justice. Also, I have been with Hna Angel on divisions one day in La Mariposa.

La Gomera has the reputation in the mission as being the area for those who need/are receiving punishment. Also, everyone says this little tale, "Here´s heaven, the Earth, Hell, and below that is La Gomera" Haha... The first few days were hot, hot, hot and I was loving it. But the first rain was on Saturday night and it makes it lots cooler. Let me just tell you about this rain for a sec... it pours. Like Louisiana pours, but it stays consistent like Washington stays consistent... all day.. or at least for a few hours straight.

Leaving La Mariposa... Hermana Wetzel said it perfectly... "It´s probably a good thing no one tells us how hard it is to get your heart ripped out so many times on the mish by everybody - but it´s all worth it because of Alma 28:8" There could not be a more perfect scripture. Leaving La Mariposa killed, like Hna Wetzel leaving me killed. I just love that area and the people there too much.

But believe me, life is amazing. Last week was pretty painful and heartbreaking, but I´m moving on and I love it here. We have a lot of work to do and changes to make, but it´s exciting. I fell in love with the area within the first 30 minutes.

My prayers are with you all and I´m hoping all is well ;)

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment