Monday, August 15, 2011

Changes!!!‏



You won´t believe... because I didn´t believe and am still in shock... but I´m with a GRINGA! It´s a big deal, because this doesn´t happen with the hermanas in this mission, just when people are training. Sister Park has 14 months in the mish, is from Orem, Utah, and is loving La Gomera. She´s pretty dedicated to Spanish, so we hardly speak english at all.

Hermana Wetzel is training for the third time, but this time my sister is Latina! Cool, huh. Hna Wetzel is still in Antigua and goes home in a little less than 6 weeks :(

I must admit that I´m a tad bit worried about my Spanish. 1- I´m in the coast... and they are not the most correct speaking-speakers, actually the grammar´s real bad sometimes. 2- I´m with a gringa... haha... but the Lord will provide!

There are cool, little things that help me realize the progress I have made with my Spanish: seeing Sister Wetzel, showing my area to a new missionary, being with a gringa again, etc.

Yesterday was a great day of miracles. 2 of the (REALLY) less active members that we visited during the week came to church, the same thing happened a few weeks ago with a different person, too. It´s amazing what a visit can do.

We met a bolo on the street and talked to him for a good while... I gave him some loving chicote... it´s okay. It´s just the second time it has happened. It´s really easy to talk to drunk people sometimes.

There was a PSYCHO storm Saturday night. Not too bad, just TONS of rain and a bit of thunder and lightning and wind. It started around 8 in the capilla, but we had to get home by 9 and by 8:30 it still hadn´t stopped, so we had to go out :) Don´t worry, we got home safely. It´s just that I didn´t have my umbrella (seriously... the ONLY day that I didn´t have it with me), so I got drenched :) And we usually have plastic bags to put our scriptures in, but I didn´t have those either, but I have an amazing backpack and cool book covers, so my scriptures just got a little wet.

We usually don´t knock doors that much, but yesterday we dedicated a little time. One family of a door we knocked let us right in and just started pouring out lots of questions. It was awesome. Hna Park is a little more on the quiet side (very opposite from Hna Angel), so I have been talking LOTS more lately and it´s fun to realize that I can actually do stuff and that I actually have a personality in Spanish. Crazy.

I gave the talk by Pres Monson from the sacerdocio session of general conference to a family that is having a few marital problems right now. It´s so hard sometimes, because we really aren´t the people who can or should be giving marital advice... but the prophets can! It´s an amazing talk.

We are dropping one of the families that we have been working with. Family Cristales. It´s not out of the ordinary to drop people, but dropping this family hurt a LOT more than anyone else has in the past. It´s just so hard to do all you can, truly want the best for people, knowing that our message can change their lives and bring them eternal happiness, but for whatever reasons have to leave them, at least for a time.

It´s amazing how roller coastery the mission is. Don´t worry, heartbreak still happens all the time. I remember talking and writing a lot more at the beginning of the mish how much heartbreak there is, but I don´t do so as much now. I don´t think it´s because there has been less, but tampoco do I think that I am getting used to it... I think it´s because my perspective and faith is changing, for the better. I still have way too much to learn... and I learn lots everyday. I just know that this message is true. I also know that we all have our agency. Heavenly Father truly just wants to the best for us and He has given/does give us everything that we need to return to Him some day. We can´t think for a second that we don´t have a huge responsibility or lots to do.. because we do. It´s not gratis.

Sorry for the tangents.

Love you all!
Hermana Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment