Monday, June 27, 2011

I ate Guatemalan duck‏

Hola hola...

Tonight, we find out if we have changes. We will see. We both want to stay together in this area, but anything is possible. We do want to go to the change meeting though, because President Brough (the new Pres) will be there and it will be the first time anyone gets to meet him. Lucky ducks. Also, Hermana Rizo (my second comp in the field) is going home!! It´s weird and very sad, especially because I have no idea if I will ever see her again.

I just need to express a bit about the awesomeness of my comp. Hna Angel. She is incredible. I have learned/am learning so much from her. She is an incredible missionary. She has the best mix of seriousness and sillyness that I have ever seen. We have a blast and laugh lots, but we also are so focused, work hard, and do what we know is right. She gives awesome chicote (I don´t know the word in English... it´s when someone tells someone else off), but always with the right words and not too harsh. I don´t know how she does it, but she always has something to say and just the right words. It would be easy to just let her talk the whole time and teach all the lessons, but I think we are a good team, she helps me out LOTS. She is scared of dogs, getting hit by cars, bridges, and lots more. She loves the people. She´s tough. And I just love her lots.

So, a few weeks ago, I wrote about some pretty heart-breaking news, but didn´t tell what happened. I won´t give too many details still (sorry), but here´s a bit: One of our investigators (we´ll call him Juan) is waiting for his response from the First Presidency of the Church of whether or not he can get baptized. We still have to wait at least another month. Well, a week and a half ago, he left for the States. Before, he would go to the States and he wouldn´t go for the greatest reasons. He would usually be gone for months at a time... leaving his wife and 3 young children. Well, he told us that he wouldn´t go back again, but he did. We were so disappointed for so many reasons. That Sunday and Monday we fasted specifically for him and his family. We knew that only Heavenly Father could do some good. Well, he came back Tuesday!! Not even a day went by after our fast that Juan came back. We went right away to their house and talked with him. It was so easy to see that he learned a lot of things in those few days and is back on track. This sounds so silly in writing, but it was an incredible experience, blessing, answer, miracle... Heavenly Father is just waiting to help and bless us... we just have to ask... with faith... and humble ourselves to accept His will.

I/we have been studying a lot about the Atonement in these past few days. Holy cow. I can´t even comprehend how much Jesus Christ loves us. He did everything. Our part is so small and yet we have such a hard time doing it. He is our Savior. Mosiah 3:5-8. Doctrine and Covenants 19:15-19. And the Atonement and Pain talks from General Conference.

There´s just no time to write. I feel like my thoughts are so smushed and rushed during this time. Sorry family and friends.

Love,
Hermana Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment