Monday, June 13, 2011

Last time to see President and Sister Baldwin‏

Yep... our mission president and his wife are leaving us in 2 weeks!! The new mission president´s last name is Brough. They´re from Utah and bringing a fourteen year old daughter. Lots of changes are in store, I´m guessing.

Heat rash - gone.

I ate my first gringa the other day!

I saw Hermana Wetzel on Tuesday, after a LOT of stress trying to find her.

I´m going to La Mariposa on Wednesday!!! Life as a hermana is awesome. Since here on the coast we´re not surrounded by other hermanas, we have to travel a lot to have divisions (splits), so I´m going on divisions to La Mariposa!

It makes me a tad bit sad to think about all of the letters that I haven´t received and all the people that think I am ignoring them or something. I´ve had at least two people tell me that they have sent letters that I have never received. Uh oh.

Life is great here on the coast of Guatemala. We actually have it really nice, because it seems to rain in every other place around us, except La Gomera. It is nice when it rains though, because it cools down a bit. I may or may not have skin cancer later in life.

We had interviews with President Baldwin and they went great.

Hna Angel and I learned a lot this week about accepting the Lord´s will and trusting in Him despite everything else that is happening. We received some seriously heart-breaking news this week. I really have not cried that much at all in the mish, but that really broke us down. Heavenly Father loves us so much. This life is HARD. I have seen sooooo much pain since I´ve been on the mission. So much. Yet, there is a plan. A perfect, hopeful plan. We can someday rest from this heart-breaking, painful, sad life and be happy for forever, if we just do our part. Heavenly Father will always come through, but we have our agency to accept or reject His mercy and the Atonement of His Son.

I know this life is happy, too. I´ve experienced overwhelming, pure joy on the mish. We have to enjoy those times. We have to let those times dwell in us. We can´t concentrate on the sadness and pain of it all. Those times pass. Our pain can be swallowed up in the love of Christ.

Ughh... it´s so simple, but we make it so hard.

But hey... this life has a purpose and we can´t waste a moment or lose sight of that purpose... we´re not just here to pass the time!

Love,
Hermana Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment