Monday, June 6, 2011

Mission ailments‏......

Hola...

As I type, it´s raining and thundering outside. It´s going to be a fun day :)

Ok... so this good health streak is starting to catch up with me. Nah... my health is still great, I just have heat rash all over my back. But it´s OKAY! And, I may be losing a lot more hair than normal. Haha.. really, all is well. Just tiny issues.

Favor: I may or may not be making this up, but I think that a Church leader once promised that if someone who can´t read makes the efforts to read the Book of Mormon that they will learn more quickly how to read. Could someone find that for me please? Sorry if I´m just making it up.

It´s a problem that is VERY normal here in the coast of Guatemala. From what I have seen, and a wild guess, I would probably say half of the people here can read. It´s very sad. There are so many things here that need changing. The health system, educational system, traffic laws, littering laws, etc...

The other day, I had a dream that it was time to leave the mission and I only knew the amount of Spanish that I know now!!! Ugh... it was actually a nightmare.

Hna Angel and I try to speak in English in the house, because she wants to learn, and she actually knows a bit, but it´s been funny realizing that it´s EASIER to speak in Spanish than in English. Go figure.

I have to throw it out there that Connie and Ciera Soptich (and lots of other people, I´m sure) would love sleeping here in La Gomera at night. When it rains, it cools down a lot, but more importantly: the majority of the houses have tin roofs. Tin roofs + rain.

We´re going to Antigua, again, tomorrow as a zone. I get to see Hna Wetzel!!! Who knows when I´ll see her again after this. She goes home in September :(

This week we are going to start two classes: an english class and a "learn how to read" class. We´re pretty pumped and think it could do some good.

We had some pretty cool experiences with some people that were definitely placed in our path. I love seeing that it really has nothing to do with us as missionaries, we really are just the instruments.

Okay... we´re going to go get wet now ;)

Love,
Hermana Marin

PS To All....Keep the pictures coming in emails!

No comments:

Post a Comment