Sunday, March 25, 2012

As I type... my fingers are real cold...‏

In La Gomera, my hands would be sweating as I typed... haha. Did I mention, that according to the majority of missionaries, I have officially been in the coldest area and the hottest area in the mission :) But don`t worry, I wasn`t even in La Gomera for the hottest time of the year, and I`m not here for the coldest part of the year, so we`re good :)

Well... life is great. Hermana Pacheco is wonderful, I have probably never had so much peace between a companionship as I do with her. I`m not saying that I fought all the time with my other comps, it`s just that that`s how calm, accepting, humble, and laid-back this girl is. It is very different working with her than Hermana Garcia. With Hna G, I hardly ever felt like I was training her... she was confident, strong, fearless, and outgoing from the first day. Hna P doesn`t have quite as much confidence, she can do it all, too, she just doesn`t know it. I`ll probs be spending lots more time motivating, encouraging, and forcing her to do things :) than I ever had to do with Hna G.

I forgot to mention that a couple weeks back, I had a dream that I was being released from my calling as a missionary (in the house in OH by Brother Rick Reed). In the dream, during the blessing, I started BAWLING... I woke up at one point (it was in the middle of the night sometime) and I was actually crying. It was terrible and actually hurts a little bit to share...

I love this area. It`s tough. I know that it will be my toughest area, but I am happy with the challenges that we have and we will have to face. We received some good chicote this morning from our zone leaders telling us that our faith has faltered, so we are very much more motivated. I only have 4 more weeks to give everything that I am capable of... to be able to show a fraction of the gratitude for all the ways that the Lord has blessed me. I have felt the Spirit so much in these past couple weeks... and know that this will be the greatest finishing touches to the changes that have been made on myself, on others, etc. on my mission because of my Savior.

This has been an amazing new, fresh start. I have been able to be who I want, how I want, and work in the work the way that I want... better said... the way that the Lord wants... diligent and obedient and faithful. We always hear about things that the elders before us did... we get called flechonas de vez en cuando, because we actually follow a lot of rules that the elders didn`t. The members see how full our daily planners are and they get excited and say "¡Me llega!"

We are going to do the forty day fast that the OH 2nd ward did. Each member/family/couple will be assigned one day to fast, for forty consecutive days. This place needs it. The difference between this branch and others, is that the majority actually have a LONG time of being members, but it hasn`t turned into a ward, because the growth and retention of the church here is so slow and minimal. Missionaries have been here for more than 40 years I think. They say that they haven`t had sister missionaries here for more than 33 years. There`s lots to do. The problem, we think, is that the members are just not very motivated because they have lost a lot of faith that the Gospel can spread here in Tecpàn. There`s lots to do.

I love you all so much and hope everyone is doing great,
Hermana Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment