Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Life`s good‏

Well, we`re writing early, because tomorrow we are having a sisters conference :) We can`t call it an hermana`s activity anymore, because we have to go and actually make sure it`s uplifting and edyfing and not just a bunch of young women hanging out and having fun... haha. It will be great. I`ll be able to see Hermana Garcia and know how she and everyone in San Pedro is doing.

Hermana Pacheco contacted her first bus (with LOTS of encouragement on my part) on Friday!!! She did great. We had a training meeting, so she contacted the bus on the way there and I did it on the way back. It was perfect on the way back, because it was PACKED... there were at least 65 people on there. I love this work.

We still have not seen very many fruits at all. Not one investigator or less active showed up yesterday. It was a little disappointing, but I just kept thinking about what Pres Brough is always telling us about hope... I thought,"Algo bueno va a pasar... algo bueno va a pasar...." And it did. Earlier that morning, while we were passing by everyone`s houses to get them to go to church, we passed by the house of a recent convert (a VERY active member... he`s the young men`s president), because he had told us that he wouldn`t be going because of relationship issues (he just started dating the young women`s president... haha... gotta love it), so we stopped by and I talked to him real bluntly, but he said that he still wouldn`t be going... but he showed up at 9:30 :D

Something that Hermana Pacheco has helped me realize is how bold I have become... but it`s easy to see, because she is very timid. She calls me a "preguntona" all the time (meaning that I ask a lot of questions), especially with the investigators. We have been challenged to invite people to baptism (including an actual date) in the contacts that we do with random people. I love it. I feel like I am just now getting the hang of and understanding this whole missionary purpose thing. With God, there is no fear or shame. I feel like I can relate a little bit to the apostles of the primitive church and the missionaries of the Book of Mormon. I think a lot of it is thanks to President Brough... he has changed so much... the way we think, the way we act, how we do things, our faith, etc. He challenges us SO much. He puts goals so very high, and helps us realize that we can actually reach and exceed them.

When we heard about the new expectation of contacting at least 25 people a day, we all thought that it was impossible... now... it`s normal. The other day, we contacted 76 people. Two weeks ago our zone leaders contacted 631 people in one week. It is helping us build our faith and lose fear, by opening our mouths like the scriptures say. I don`t want to lose all these things that the Lord has blessed us with.. I want to have the faith necessary to share the gospel with the same vigor when I return... Of course, as members, we aren`t expected to stop people in the street and start preaching to them, but if we truly love our Father in Heaven, love his children, and are grateful for the sacrifice of His Son, we will share our testimonies and help others be brought into the true fold of God.

Hermana Pacheco is doing great. She is lots more quiet and timid with the people than I am, even though she talks pretty openly with me, but she is slowly but surely losing her fear and is doing great at talking with the people. She reminds me a lot of how I was when I entered, she gets down on herself for little things. The other day the people didn`t react so great when she challenged them to be baptized, so she thought it was her fault. I feel like I can really relate to her, because I know exactly how she must be feeling, so we`re helping each other out.

We`ll be going to Santiago, Atitlàn the last pday of the change (the 16th of April)... so the real last requests for cosas tìpicas will be needed by the tuesday before (the 10th of April).

I love you all very much and hope all is well!!

Love,
Hermana Marìn

No comments:

Post a Comment