Friday, April 13, 2012

Conferences‏ (April 3rd)

Well... Last tuesday - we had a women´s conference, this past weekend - General Conference, and yesterday we had (my last) zone conference with all the missionaries from the mountains. So, needless to say... it has been a great, uplifting week.

I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE. My faves were probably by:
- Donald L. Hallstrom
- Paul E. Koelliker
- Pres. Eyring
- Richard G. Scott
- E. Ballard
- Larry Wilson
- E. Andersen

Elder Hallstrom´s was probs my favorite favorite in that time... because it applies so much to our little branch here in Tecpán... the people have lost their love of the Gospel and are too caught up in "the Church." We are planning an activity (just Hna Pacheco and me) that we are hoping will be very spiritual and a good reminder for the members. We are currently involved in the 40 day fast, so we are hoping to take advantage of that and help everyone remember what is most important and get our spirits up!

I love that all of Anny´s investigators have the same names as our investigators here... haha.

In the zone conference, we were talking about how the Book of Mormon holds the answers to every "pregunta del alma"... Have I mentioned how incredible Pres. Brough is? Near the end, he gave us a few examples of some preguntas del alma that missionaries have. The last one was about enduring to the end on the mission... and he talked about Abinadi. I felt like that was MY answer... just for me. I don´t have issues with working hard until the end, but it helped me remember just HOW bold I need to be and that maybe I won´t see ANY fruits at all before I leave here, but Abinadi didn´t either, but the ONE fruit that he did have ended up saving and converting thousands (and millions if we include all those that have been converted by the words of Abinadi and Alma the father in our day). I love the scriptures.

I love you all so much and am so greatful for this Gospel and the joy that can be found in it´s truths.

Love,
Hermana Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment