Monday, September 26, 2011

Where do I begin!?!?‏

Ok loved ones... here goes.... I have a very long list in front of me...

I thought I would be staying in La Gomera (I only had 3 changes there)... but I didn't!! It was very tough, especially to say goodbye to Ana and Julio (Mom, could you find the picture I had emailed you of her baptism and email it to me, por favor :) gracias).

I had to say goodbye to Hermana Wetzel... but it was a huge blessing to be at her final change meeting. And get this.. I didn't cry!! The Lord has been preparing me for these past 9 ish months to be able to say goodbye to her.

I may or may not be in the coolest place ever... ANTIGUA!!! But I'm not in the same area that Hna Wetzel was in. I am not in the center, but in the little villages (aldeas) of Antigua. We just have to drive 15 ish minutes to get to the center. It is gorgeous. Reminds me of home (weather, mountains, etc). So, Dad, there will not be any problem with me finding the things that you wanted.

I am with Hna Guaranda. She is from Ecuador. She is VERY feisty and it is awesome. I went on divisions with her one time in La Mariposa when I only had a few weeks in the field. She finishes her mission in December. We're both hoping I'll get to kill her. We already get along TOO well. She's 27. Has 2 bros, 1 sis, mom, and her dad died just 6 years ago. She and her family have only been members for five years. She's incredible. She has had two other gringa companions - the only two Hawaiian sisters in the mish - and she ADORES them, so she was happy to hear that I was born in Hawaii.

Ya... I am in love with my area. San Pedro Las Huertas. We live in that aldea, but also work in 2 more. I'm in another branch. It's bigger than Sipacate, but smaller than La Gomera. I fell in love as soon as we got there. It is so peaceful. The spirit in the area is beautiful. I have not felt nervous or sad one bit, honestly and truly, since I arrived.

Our home is GORGEOUS. I can't describe how completely opposite La Gomera and San Pedro are. It's hilarious. I thought the weather change would affect me more, but it helps that it's almost exactly like Oak Harbor, so I still haven't gotten sick :)

However, we don't have a hot water heater or anything, so we heat water up every morning and bathe in the shower with buckets :) haha.. have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE Guatemala? I've gotten good, too, at first I had to use two full buckets of water, but I can now do it with just one.

All of my Gomera plagues are slowly going away... without the help of frogs :)

I saw a family from La Mariposa here in Antigua on Saturday... family Morales (it's weird to know that Hna Wetzel could - should - be reading my emails now) don't ask how... I'll tell you in 7 months. We may or may not have seen downtown Antigua at night time, with fireworks and everything... DON'T WORRY... we had permission. Gorgeous. I love this place.

The people here are wonderful. All of the members are VERY new members. Most of them have under 5 years to be members. They are soooo humble and willing to do whatever. We don't have a capilla or anything. It's in a house... probably a little bigger than the capilla in La Gomera actually.

It's been easy to get to know everyone. The attendance is usually around 35 people.

It's cool to be able to see, yet again, how the language has come along. I've been able to be myself, so it is much easier to be able to get to know the people faster.

It's also fun to see a few people that know and love Hna Wetzel, so that's fun.

General Conference is next week!!!

I can't express how happy I am. Plus... I'll probably (hopefully) be passing the Navidad in Antigua!! Pretty cool, huh? It will be beautiful.

The Lord, yet again, has blessed me way too much. I don't know why He insists on making my life so blissful, but I just know that that gives me so much more reason and responsibility to work that much harder. I know He expects so much from each and every one of us. I know I don't receive all of these blessings because He loves me more or anything, but because He knows each and every one of us perfectly. He knows what we need, who needs us, what we can handle, what we are capable of, and from there WE must cumplir. I know He lives and loves us... too much really.

Love you all,
Hermana Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment